Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Delayed Gratification Study

Hello Everyone,

I have been on vacation in North Carolina. A young man I have known since he was little married a girl I introduced to him so I had to be there. We rented a beach house for a week which was cheaper than a hotel since it was the very last week of the mid season at Topsail Beach when prices are still affordable. www.treasurerealty.com

My plan for the extra days was to go over my You Are a CEO Platinum Business Suite and read my roadmap.

On the plane I used my new Ipod Shuffle to hear the Introduction CD and Personal Awareness Audio Book.

I wanted to share something that really hit me strongly - "The delayed gratification study".

In the audio book Mr. Parker is speaking with Terry Fulton and discussing a study conducted by Stanford University where hungry 4 year olds were tested on their ability to delay gratification. The conclusion was that the 4 year olds carried the skill with them through adult hood and that they were more discipined adults who led more successful lives because they could delay their need for gratification to achieve a higher goal.

If you have not heard this audio book - its not long at all. Pop it in your car and get ready to change the way you think.

The discussion was great and impacted my life. I was tested last night. After I heard about the kids and the marshmellow's I was hungry and just got into town and needed some groceries. I gave up fast food and eating out (as my major source of food) so that I would be healthier and as I finished the produce section I passed by the hot gooey pit of baked goods...

Oh, man, I just heard about the "personal awareness" and I had Mr. Parkers talk on discipline but there was that warm lemon butter pound cake... it was my favorite. I said oh, good this is the last one and I am on vacation...

To my surprise after I put that cake in my cart, I kept hearing the "delayed gratification study" and the kids who could be strong and I marched right back to the bakery section and put that cake back.

My goals are to be healthy and I want to achieve my goal so I have to delay my gratification.

Mr. Parker and Mr. Fulton, thank you so much for this wonderful audio book set. It changed my life and gave me the power to change my life for my good.

I cant wait to achieve my goal. You gave me the tools... no one has ever done for me what you have.

Your the BEST!

I strongly urge anyone with a weight challenge to check out this kit. It is for anyone who wants a better more successful life!

I am the CEO of My Life!

No comments: