Friday, November 2, 2007

Michael E. Parker VS. Oprah

If anyone knows me they know my biggest dream is to be on Oprah. When I say be on Oprah, I really mean for Michael E. Parker (not me personally) to be on the Oprah Winfrey Show.

Take a look at some of these videos on youtube:

http://bit.ly/doCbqY
http://bit.ly/9VQpVx
http://bit.ly/9Cie1P


I feel that Oprah is an Icon who helps people but the more and more I attend seminars from Michael E. Parker I wonder are these two actually competitors? Oprah is a talk show host but so is Mr. Parker. Oprah has her own company so does Michael E. Parker, Oprah helps many people deal with their issues but so does Mr. Parker.

However... even Mr. Parker himself would admit we don't have the fan base or the supporters Oprah has but who knows how big he will grow. Recently Mr. Parker was awarded Business of the Year by the Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce and with the success of recent events such as the Biz Tech Expo in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in September '07 I think Mr. Parker is young enough to one day enter at least her arena. But I know I am bias because he has helped me change me life so much.

Just the fact that a 200-300 lbs woman over 40 gets up every morning to tackle her biggest fears is a testament that Michael E. Parker has the ability to change lives through his adult lifeskills411 seminars; especially mine.

So recently one of Oprah's talk radio programs opened up these topics...lets see how they compare with the You Are a CEO program point for point. How it will work is I will post a comment from one of Oprah's guests and compare it to the You Are a CEO program and you can comment or vote for who's advice is better for you. Of course we think the comments from both are great that's why it will be a real challenge to choose.

Here are our two competitors:

Amy DuBois Barnett who shares with Jean Chatzky(An Oprah Winfrey production) the key lessons that she says can help anyone find success in theirs.

VS: Michael E. Parker who has partnered with his Curriculum Director from Lifeskills 411 Mr. Terrance Fulton to form the You Are a CEO program and interpreted by me Julie P.

Tips for a Successful Life Point #1:

Oprah's Crew Amy says:

1. Embrace your fears. Fear is an indication of personal growth, Amy says. Unless you take risks and go outside your comfort zone, you'll never reach your full potential. "That's how you know that you're growing as a person, whether in your professional life or in your personal life," Amy says.

CEO SAYS: The You Are a CEO program says that each person must first become "Personally Aware" of who they are. This means examining your strengths and weaknesses which may include fears. We must understand our emotional patterns which are natural emotions shared by all human beings such as anger, love, laughter, crying, fear, etc. What makes us different from one another is when our emotions are shaped by personal experiences as well as the environments we have been exposed to: affectionate families quiet families, angry environments, abusive environments etc.

The key is to develop emotional intelligence to know our thoughts patterns are shaped by your experiences and values. Some of what we may have learned was simply copied from a family member because we learn how to act and react by copying others and this practice may develop actions or thoughts that are not really be how we may feel or think now.

We must look at our fears and dig deeper to see where do the beliefs we have actually come from? Are these beliefs we developed as a child that perhaps are not founded on who we are now? Can we let go and change how we feel through learning new information? Fear is a normal emotion that keeps us safe and is actually a good thing if used right. Teenagers have not developed their "fear" responses like adults and thus take more risks which get them hurt more often.

WINNER: ????

Amy, do you have more to say?

I do think that Amy/Jean?Oprah are correct in that we should face our fears but also understand that fear is designed to keep you safe from harm and is a good emotion when used properly however unrealistic fears can prevent success.

When my mother retired she came to live with me. I noticed that she is controlled and limited by fear. I dislike that attribute but it serves her and often it keeps her in better situations because she is cautious. Do I want to be her or like her? - NO but I respect her being who she is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael E. Parker is still strong and helping many people live better lives. Check him out now.

Anonymous said...

on this blog picked up a huge range of articles about smart [url=http://volkshistory.com/]volkswagen passat[/url].

Anonymous said...

Apprecіatе the recommendation. Will try it out.



Αlso ѵisіt my ωeb-site; fast cash loan for bad credit

Anonymous said...

Whats up! I'm about to begin my own website and was wondering if you know where the best place to buy a blog url is? I am not even sure if that's what
its known as? (I'm new to this) I'm referring to "http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=1757988114400193506&postID=8651152569655235522".
How do I go about acquiring one of these for the website I'm building? Thanks a lot

my site; link building seo services ()