Friday, October 12, 2007

How to Boost Your Memory

When you are busy at work it is easy to forget things and as we get older we will remember less and less. Figure Magazine recently published and article "7 Ways to Rev Up Your Memory" and here are a few things that do work form me:

1. Exercise: Brisk walking is enough but I like the gym. 20-30 minutes of cardio on a treadmill or elliptical and 30 minutes of weight training. I do a 3 day rotation: 1 day legs, 1 day arms, 1 day back and check. Abs are everyday. I do 75 crunches on a exercise ball and then I stretch the back as well by doing back bends on the ball. It helping with those love handles too. When I do legs I do 45 squats which are doing wonders...

2. Eat well: A diet high in antioxidants colorful fruits and veggies. I like Pullots ( a very firm tangy plumish thing ), Kiwi's, and Pineapple, sushi and seaweed salad. I also make a Tortilla Soup with added veggies and hominy and drink lots of green tea.

3. Brain Teasers: Play games that require you to think: Scrabble, Uno, Backgammon, Chess and cross word puzzles. You can also do anything that requires you to think and study like learn a new language or play a new instrument.

4. Socialize: Maintaining social connections where you are holding conversations are great for your memory. You have to meet people, remember names and what the do and this exposes you to all types of new information. I socialize at the Gym, Church, Work, Sushi Bars and Chamber of Commerce Mixers. I also socialize via the Internet emailing my friends and blogging.

Well this is 4 of the 7 tell me what you think?

CEO's need to learn new things to keep their brains sharp so look for new things to learn.

Enjoy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eat BlueBerries they are so good for you many call them brainberies.

I hear curry and indian spices are good to rid off altzheimers fyi

Anonymous said...

The Hill Health Magazine also confirmed that a diet high in vegtables helps you retain your cognative ability longer.

Simply said... you are less likely to lose your mental capacity as you get older if you eat a diet high in vegtables: Cabbage, Brocklie, Spinach, Cauliflower and dark green leafy veggie are the best.