Thursday, October 4, 2007

CEO's Are You Traveling Soon?

Busy CEO's often travel for business and pleasure. Here are my personal favorite sites for cheap travel. Check them out and let me know what works and what needs improvement.

1. www.cheaptickets.com
2. www.orbitz.com
3. www.sidestep.com

Another travel tip for busy executives is of course the rewards programs for most airlines where you can acquire free tickets when you travel often. Southwest has a great rewards program www.southwest.com and I definitely recommend them for cheap tickets to most destinations.

Orbitz has a lot of great deals and regular email promotions such as the "Top Flight Deals", "Top Vacation Deals" and Special Hotel Property Offers.

I find most of my flights using cheap tickets traveling Tuesday to Tuesday and often choosing one way flights which can often be less expensive then round trip tickets.

I travel often to Albuquerque, New Mexico and recently stayed at the New Holiday Inn. The room was great, with lots of amenities and was close to my favorite restaurant Papadeaux's. The standard rooms run around $99 but with AAA you can normally get it down to $89 per night.

New Mexico is a Spa Diva's Paradise with tons of Spa's, clean air, good food and unique shopping. New Mexico is great when you are looking for cool comfortable clothing with that Western flare. My favorite spot for shoes is called "Shoes on a String" by the Cottonwood Mall off Coors Blvd. There is also a unique stand inside the mall that sells Brightly Colored Purses that are designed to look like a western saddle. They are pink, aqua and brown with diamond studs and ornate designs.

Anyway, enjoy your travels and be sure to post me a note of where you go and what deals you find.

CEO's value a good tip and also know how to pass a good word along!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sidestep is really good. I usually find what I am looking for.